Monday, May 9, 2011

soundtrack for a revolution

"I woke up this morning with my mind 
stayed on freedom...
hallelujah
hallelujah
hallelujah
I'm walking and talking with my mind
stayed on freedom...
hallelujah
hallelujah
hallelujah"

i have missed you all! busy busy busy busy busy... but am watching this incredible documentary as i work on some other posts... had to share. 
WATCH IT. 
it is heartbreaking, eye opening, heart warming, convicting, beautiful. 
and the music is just gorgeous. 


last week my Oprah had an incredibly moving show, reuniting 178 participants in the freedom rides, 50 years later. i was crying when the lights went up. 

if this is sitting in your dvr queue, 
you need to watch it.

continue singing, continue educating, 
continue dreaming, continue loving. 

because "ordinary" people 

can 

do 

extraordinary 

things.

ps! on may 16th, pbs is airing a special on the freedom riders. i am definitely making plans to watch it!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment